Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baby is fixed

David is on his way to pick her up. We were well under our mileage allotment for the rental, so things should be okay in terms of $$. We still have to pay the deductable and I'll have to pay a premium on my licence--not sure when.

We went shopping yesterday. I had to pick up my printed instruction booklets for the class on Saturday--and I have it done at Office Depot on Pembina.On the way back we stopped at Fabricland where the quilting cotton I like was on sale for 1/2 price ( It often is, but you have to be there on the right day) Then I had to go to Dollarama to buy spritzer bottle for the class. They had very few and the woman told us that they didn't know if or when they might get more, so I bought enough for the big class in May, although I won't really know if the class is "a go" until early March. Do have any idea the sort of funny looks you get when you buy 10 big spritzer bottles? For the fabric and printing I used my tax number, so have to spend today setting up a bookkeeping system to start tracking that sort of thing.

This afternoon I'm going for coffee with my friend Shirley. She and I were trying to figure out how we could get together, when she said outright that she expected me to pick her up and drive her to Starbucks. Now, I never mind giving her a ride when we are going to the same place for a meeting etc, but now I'm starting to worry about her getting too dependant on me. Beth, didn't you go through this with an older lady a couple of years back? How did you deal with it?

Cathy, Brenda gave me a call, and everything appears sorted out. It would appear that the problem might have been interpretation of conflict of interest guidelines. But the person at this end is now in touch with the right people and everything has calmed down--I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment