Sunday, January 17, 2010

Still quiet

Pati here
Just up and enjoying the first cup of coffee--the one high octane one I allow myself during the day. Yes, I know what time it is. I'm coming off the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time, and I'm not sure why. I had begun to think that not sleeping well was just another symptom of old age.

We were a little more active yesterday. Off in the morning to buy Amber a birthday cake at Jeanne's, and then a side trip to buy some fabric adhesive. ( My "baby" is 37 today) Got the stuff home and realized that, while it looked like the same can I always buy, it was different. The new one was "extremely flammable"--like I'm going to use that in a basement with both a gas furnace and water heater!! The usual one is a temporary adhesive, but this one wasn't. So David was off to return it--all the way out to the airport. So now I have to find another source for the stuff--and I use a lot of it.

Then a phone call telling me that the site of the meeting I have this afternoon was down-furnace problems. And we have a guest coming. One for whom I have not been the contact person, although I did have his e-mail address. Our contact person is in Burmuda (pity). I phoned the contact person for our alternative meeting site and was told that the building is up for sale and not available. So I called another person who has control of a potential site. His wife told me that he was actually on his way to the site, and if I gave hime 15 minutes I could reach him there. Not having a phone number-and she couldn't give me one-David and I drove there, only to find out that not only wasn't he there, he wasn't expected, and by this time he had had more than enough time to get there, even if he was headed there. So I decided that there was no way I was getting into whatever was going on between him and his wife, and gave up that idea. Finally, one of the other directors got us a reservation at the Chicken Chef in Lorette. Then we had to let everyone know. I ended up Googling the guest speaker. I had called every number under his name in Winnipeg, and even found a kind gentleman who told me that he knew everyone with that last name in the city and there was no-one that met the description of our expected guest. After Googling White Pages Manitoba, I found one in Petersfield and left a message on the answering machine. That and an e-mail were all that I could do. Finally during supper, he called. The one in Petersfield was the right one.

So back to the first topic. Being busy, and at a higher level of arousal, neurologically speaking, obviously lead to a better sleep. I don't know how I can arrange to have this sort of thing occur more often-- or even if I want that sort of day more often.

From an artistic perspective, I am trying to teach myself to bead, since I seem to have ended up teaching a class in the topic at the end of February. So last evening I tried to bead a button. What a piddly-arse thing that was!! And I'm getting regular e-mails from Dianne, who has discovered that the snow on her roof-top patio is clean enough to experiment with snow dyeing. So she keeps sending me pictures of her fabric--which evidently has her husband scratching his head. (lol)

The car goes in tomorow, but we have coverage for a rental, so we'll still be mobile for the 3-4 days that it'll be away. I can guarantee that I won't try to back the rental out of the garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment