Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tooth is gone

It fought back a bit, but now I just have a hole in the front of my mouth and an appointment in two weeks to have something--not sure what--put in.

I didn't tell you about part of my adventures yesterday. As I was backing out of the garage to head for my meetings, I backed into the corner of the house. It was just a little dent, and we thought that it might be cheaper to fix it ourselves and not risk having a surcharge on my driver's license. So today, David took it for an estimate--$2387. So it's now been reported to Autopac. When I told her what had happened there was a short silence and then just one word--o-o-o-h. She told me that I would need a police report number when I went into Autopac for my inspection tomorrow morning, so off we went to the police station. Now you must understand that through all of this, I'm trying to talk with 80% of my mouth frozen and my tongue trying to learn to talk around this gaping hole. However, I explained to the nice policeman what had happened, and he was able to control his laughing, and explain that since it was on private property, there was no need for a report. The house is a little hurt as well, but that will be fixed privately, as we have amuch higher deductable on the house insurance. So now you know why I was so cranky this morning.

I'm glad you made the decision to buy your car Beth. It's just so isolating to be without one. And I hope you made out alright with Mrs. Pearce. You mentioned how upsetting it is for her to go through this, and I feel for her. But at the same time, I feel for you and Harry and the degree to which you support her decisions. Difficult for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment