Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Bistro"

I have found that the word "bistro" often indicates some "interesting" prices.  But, at the same time, it usually indicates a smaller place where the food is prepared on site, from scratch, and is usually very good. It is so good to hear that you are going out for meals, and trying local establishments.  No matter where I get to go, it is a treat to eat out, not always because the food is better, but because the clean-up is so much easier. 

The Google Star Trek cartoon is still on.  If you follow it through to the end, it takes you to the Google references to Star Trek.  Yesterday they were exactly what you might expect, on google,  but today, they are all very recent references from all over the world--to the Google cartoon.  It appears to have created quite a stir.

It must be fall.  ( I should have guessed from the weather forecast for the possibility of snow tonight)  I am filling my freezer, as you both are, but mine isn't garden veggies.  Yesterday I bought meat and froze that, today it was ribs, and I now have a couple of meals of Daddy's ribs tucked away.  I also bought the makings for Apple Crisps, as you suggested, Cathy.  I firmly believe that we will make much better use of small apple crisps than the large 10 inch apple pies we've been putting away for years.

Today the wind was howling, gusting up to 70 km.  The young couple across the street are re-shingling their roof.  A big dumpster was dropped  off on the street yesterday, and it appears that it is a family endeavour.  People have come and gone all day and progress is slow.  I would be terrified to be up on a roof in that wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment