Monday, September 24, 2012

Bit of a giggle

thinking of you and Harry traipsing through the bush looking of berries that weren't there.  I guess each of us has to determine our own type of "togetherness".  Ours appears to be getting into heated discussions with computer technicians.  However, after our "discussion" with the technician in the shop this morning, my computer is undergoing a very thorough diagnostic check, a thorough virus removal to treat the 26 viruses it has picked up since they last checked it ( last week), possibly  a trial of a different anti-virus program, and conversion of the Vista to a Windows 7 operating system.  The only thing we are paying for is the actual Windows 7 program and we got that  for a very good price.  David took in our external hard drive back up system (?terminology? but you know what I mean) The young man was just going to use it to re-install all of our data, when David asked him if that data might not be virus compromised, since it save any data that is changed in any way from the computer itself..  Now the back up is going to be virus scanned as well.

What was of concern, was when David went into the bank, the teller saw his name, and then she asked if he was the Findlay who was having such a problem with the computer store across the street.  Of course, I went through all of that intense privacy training, being in healthcare.  Maybe other parts of the economy don't have such rigid rules.  They should have, as I was very annoyed.

The "stash Reduction" sale yesterday was a total failure.  Some of the ladies were quite happy buying from each other, but I was there to sell.  We had only 29 customers, after sending out flyers to everyone we knew, distributing 100 flyers at the quilt guild meeting on Wednesday night, and posting notices on two different on-line community bulletin boards.  I was so discouraged,  that David insisted we still go out for dinner, which was a nice break.  Now, everything we brought home fromthe sale has been put away, and will be forgotten--until next time.

Today I "bit the bullet" and finished the African quilt I've been making for our bed.  Not my best work, but a good, sturdy warm utility quilt, none the less.  Now, I can get back to the free motion quilting clas that I'm enjoying so much.

For today, I'm grateful that payday is only a couple of days away.  I'm grateful that I had space to tuck away the two rubbermade tubs of unsold fabric.  And I'm sure grateful for the ice cream bar I had for dessert at supper.  That was g-o-o-d!

No comments:

Post a Comment