Saturday, September 15, 2012

End of the day


I now have a dryer that works, although it may still  need some work on the venting system.  The young fellow from across the back agreed to take David over to the Brick on St. James, where they had one in stock.  When it came time to set it up, David discovered that it needed a whole new venting system, and that part of the old system had been cemented in.  The job took all day and a couple of trips to Rona, but the last load has just gone into the dryer (at 8:45pm).

Now the backyard looks like a dump with broken cement and an old dryer, and for some reason, some monster cobwebs.  Don't know where they came from. Maybe tomorrow.......

But tonight we are both relaxing.  David has his poker tournament, and I was planning to look at the two e-magazines I downloaded today.  When I found out that I couldn't concentrate enough to read them, I checked the tv listings, and discovered Celtic Thunder-Voyage on PBS, so I have been sitting and enjoying that for the past two hours.  I think there is a reason the audience is 90% female.  But what a nice surprise it was, to find a show that I enjoy.  A nice ending to a couple of very bizarre days.

No comments:

Post a Comment