Saturday, September 29, 2012

Endings and beginnings

I  think it is our age. There has been so much progress and change within our lifetimes, that we can't help to see change.  Not that I'm saying all change is good, because it isn't.  I deplore the loss of communication and manners, that I blame on the speed of "communication" that has occurred over the past 20 years. Social media and text messaging have both contributed to people no longer talking, and we used to be told that the difference between humans and animals was our ability to talk.  There are many things that disturb me, about society, as I see it--not that I have the energy to try to do anything about it.

Well, I think I heard the other shoe drop.  I was waiting.  I cannot access e-mail on the laptop.  For some reason, he set it up as a hot mail account, and I no longer receive the Shaw e-mail. I will have to get onto Shaw and see if that can be changed. I also found out that when I click on an address within my newsgroups, it automatically goes through Internet Explorer, so now I'm writing down the address, and typing it into the Google Chrome.  Little things.

Rode our bikes today, and then had to fight the wind coming home.  However, Lotto Max bought breakfast for us with about $10 left over, so that was a good thing. The Juncos were through.  Twice a year for 3-4 days. They are such happy cheerful little birds!  And the crows are still using our birdbath to wash their food, but it disturbs me to hear about birds dyeing because of lack of ready water, so we keep cleaning and filling it. Two nights with frost and our whole tree turned yellow, but the geraniums look better than they have all summer, although it looks a little odd when their leaves are pink and orange as well.

Today, I'm grateful for a beautiful day.  There may not be many more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment