Tuesday, September 4, 2012

great message

...I haven't been on for two days and just logged on now to see the wonderful message with all your comings and goings Cathy! When do you get a chance to breathe?  And I wonder also why you were called to check the office for an intruder - I would think maybe the police might have come and I worry that you were there alone at night - did you just check to see if doors or windows were opened, or did you go into the office and check if anything was ransacked? Did you have someone acting as backup? I guess it is just me being a worry wart?
I think I told you I ordered a book through the local library - they did not have any novels written by Matthew Reilly at all which surprised me a bit. I had just read two books that were of a series - one of those two having been bought in Wpg. So since I was anxious to read the third, I had to order it to come to the library. It took a long time to arrive but I picked it up today - I was very surprised to see that it had come from the Fort Frances Public Library - just amazing how things work, eh? But I can have one month to read it before return date - that should let me take my time and not feel rushed as I usually do with borrowed books with only a two week date.
I take the dog down to the lake for walks as I have told you frequently but I have started also to do something different over the last week. I take off my socks and shoes, and wade into the shallow water and rub my feet into the sandy bottom and more or less get a nice massage and foot therapy session all in one haha I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before - it feels so refreshing! I pulled the dog into the water the first few times, but she has told me that she is not interested so now I leave her just at the shore and she watches me and sips a bit of water. Funny how she does not like to wade in the water. She acts this same way when we have taken her to Harry's cousins lot on the lake - I have tried to encorage her to run in the water but no doing!
We go to North Bay on Tuesdays so today was to North Bay - but we have found a new little restaurant to have lunch. Usually we go to the A&W in the Mall, but spotted this place called Bay Bistro opened next to the Value Village. Today was our second time in and thoroughly enjoyed the lunch. Harry ordered panini both times so tomorrow for breakfast we are going to try to make our own - bought some bread and meat and have a little waffle iron type grill that should work just fine. I'll let you know. I guess panini is the in thing as when we drove past Tim Hortons, there was a big poster in the window announcing new panini now available. I had perogies today and they were great. Both times I also had a home made soup and both were very very tasty. Maybe the thrill will fade but for now, it is exciting to do something different.
Better go to bed and start my new novel before its time for sleeping - take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment