Monday, September 10, 2012

Hornet bites

Our yard is full of bees and yellow jackets - no haven for you Cathy! Harry has been biten and is suffering with swelling and pain, and itchiness. I just washed his wounds with cidar vinegar as I read on internet what some relief measures could be given. I went to the Pharmacist this morning and got some antihistamine cream but that did not seem to do the trick. I know how painful it can be as I was bite several weeks ago and suffered through that in silence.
All the inside plants are now inside, and the peppers are picked and the green tomatoes that were fairly big, but there are many more left outside on the vines ready to withstand the frost warning tonight. And then we get into another heat wave for the next few days - crazy weather.
I just returned from the lake walking the dog, where I ran into a vistor from the Kingston area staying at the local hotel/resort. I had the most delightful conversation.as we both walked to the dock and enjoyed the beautiful calm waters. It is refreshing for me to speak with someone - it helps to keep my skills up and I love to speak with another person casually. So, in a good frame of mind, I shall go and do the dishes, and then to bed to read for a bit. How are things with you two? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment