Friday, September 21, 2012

I shouldn't laugh but...

it was great to see your pictures. I looked at my photo cards, and really have nothing to laugh at yours as mine are just as horrible. My passport is even more horrible. I am sure it has nothing to do with years passing by, Patty - however, my pictures are starting to look a bit grotesque as the birthdays pass me by haha
A bit more yard work today. I went up to North Bay for a quick trip and when I dropped into Mike's at noon, Mike was there over lunch but he had to get back to work. But, he was trying to prepare for leaving tonight for Timmins for the weekend for work and needed his dress uniform. He had placed it into a box nicely folded thinking that it would be in perfect condition - he was shocked when he took it out and found it crinkled and terrible looking. So Mom took over and sent him off to work, and I hit the roads looking for a dry cleaners to see if I could get it fixed quickly! I found one who said Sorry we turn all the steamers off at noon so we cannot press it and all the other cleaners do the same. I must have looked totally defeated because she volunteered to call another cleaners - who fortunately said they were still pressing so off I went clear across town and thankgoodness, the lady there was most gracious and said she would press it immediatley - it took her about 30 minutes while serving other clients in between. So I got it pressed ( not cleaned because it had just been cleaned) and back into Mike's apt hanging nicely in the plastic wrap. He called my cell phone from work to check on progress and I think very relieved to know it had been done. He was most grateful for my help - made me feel useful!
Otherwise, not much new here. I managed to buy a Lotto Max for tonight so have great hope as I head off to bed.  Have a good weekend - good to hear all about your week Patty, and I know how time flies by even when you think you are not doing much!  What recipe did you try - so I will avoid it - I have usually had success with the recipes from Kraft that I have tried.  Take care



No comments:

Post a Comment