Tuesday, September 4, 2012

If at first you don't succeed.....

I still can't get in at home, but there is no problem at all at work.  (I am on a break... no one can bug me)  It was a really busy long weekend.  Saturday morning I picked a bunch of tomatoes, onions and peppers and got them ready for salsa.  I boiled 2 dozen eggs for deviled eggs.  Just as I put the salsa on the stove Jim came upstairs and said we were going to Springhill Colony in 1/2 an hour.  The salsa came off the stove and I was showered and dressed in lots of time.  Jim and the others, however, weren't ready.  (the others being Kellie and her little brother Grant).  April, Cory, their 3 kids and 1 nephew and Cory's Mom were going to follow us.  We ended up with April and Kellie and the 2 girls in our car, with Jim driving and the 3 boys and and Cory and his mom in the other.  We got there and the kids went wild.  It was a colony wide yard sale, so their were about 39 houses set up as well as draws for charity and a bake sale.  Jim and I left with 2 dozen buns and 2 dozen ears of corn.  April and Cory bought a drill press and some junk and Cory's mom bought a love seat and some junk.  Good thing we had the truck 'cause that's where the drill press and love seat went.  We got the boys on the way back.  Did you know that the conversation of 3 ten year old boys involves mostly poop and snot?  Jim dropped me off to do the grocery shopping and took everything out to Aprils.  He picked me up about 1/2 hour later and off we went home.  I put the salsa back on the stove and started to think about supper.  We ended up having steak and french fries and salad and garlic bread.  Everyone thanked Jim for the great supper (go figure!)  I then peeled a bunch of potatoes for potato salad.  They were just about done when I got called into the office.  SOmeone had been spotted searching around the doors and stairs.  At least I get a 4 hour call in on that.  By the time I got home it was almost 9 pm and I made myself a drink, sat down, looked at it, put it in the fridge and went to bed.  Then came Sunday!  Make the potato salad, make the deviled eggs.  Get the turkey ready, get the buns ready.....April phoned.  Can Lisa come for supper?  Sure.   April phones back.  Lisa's husband is coming too.  Oh boy.  Rodney & Kristy and Jen arrived.  Tyler will be over later with his girlfriend.  Tyler?? Girlfriend?  Good thing it is a big turkey.  By the time we all ate,  17 people had been fed.  Stu had been driving by and stopped in 'cause he knew we were home (obviously)  He didn't want supper, but he nibbled at the turkey.  He had never had a deep fried turkey.  Oh... there are deviled eggs.  He'd have one of them too.  All the eggs were gone in no time.  As well as all the salads (2) most of the potato salad, all the cucumbers and tomatoes (there were a few cherry tomatoes left) and a bag of chips.  We also had angel food cake and strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.  The best part???  APril, Kristy and Kik cleaned up. I went and sat by the fire.  We sat around until about 11 pm.  April was going to take Lisa and Tom home and come back for a drink, but Lisa was having such a good time that I asked Kik if she would mind taking them home.  She wasn't drinking so it was no problem.  We ended early as we had started about 1 pm.  I was in bed by about 11:45.  A busy day.  Monday I did up some more tomatoes, but just as stewed tomatoes and garlic for spagetti sauce. That wasn't too hard.  Finished cleaning up and did all the laundry (stripping the beds and everything!!) At about 2:30 I asked Jim if we could go to the Vivian for a beer and just relax.  We headed into to town and guess which hotel had a broken air conditioner?  We drank our beer quickly and headed home.  Not quite as cool and relaxing as I had wanted.  Left overs for supper and into bed by 9:30pm.  And how was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment