Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just the greeting I needed....lots of news from you both

Great to log on and read lots of news from you both. My fingers are stinging and have been since two days ago when I did down all the peppers from the garden - Harry had picked them and I had a huge bowl full. But soon I realized as I touched my lips and felt a sudden horrible feeling that some were hot and then my hands have been tingling ever since. It is the strangest sensation and nothing will ease it - just let it wear off I guess. The swimming docks have been removed from the waterfront and suddenly it feels like fall is coming - a real slap in the face not to see it there every time I go for a walk with the dog. But I did go into the water again tonight although the dog refused and just stood there starring at me inspite of my begging it in! We had lunch with Mike and his lady today in North Bay- well, submarines purchased at Mr. Sub and coffee freshly brewed in the house but it was a nice visit. He had to go to work this afternoon and she is in university and had evening classes to attend so the visit was not too long. He was also suffering from a cold and so was not feeling great - but still all in all, very nice to see him. She is very pleasant and I always hope that he will find the right one but realize there is nothing I can do to help in the quest, so leave well enough alone! I just finished watering all the plants outside and then the news states that it may rain - but you can never be sure for sure. Lots of work to do with plants starting to wane. I pulled out lots of marigolds tonight on my rounds around the yard, and before I know it, it will be time to pull all the pots of tomatoes. I cleaned up some of the ornaments the other day - I always gather them up and store them over winter on the picnic tables covered with tarps. Harry wants to go cranberry picking again so instead of tomorrow, we plan to go on Sunday. I am hoping to get an appt to get my hair cut (on short notice) tomorrow if I can - otherwise maybe on Monday. It is just long enough now to bug me and won't curl or do anything but hang on my face and the back of my neck. You know the feeling - nothing will help except a short hair cut! I think you should go out and sing Cathy - what a wonderful idea. Singing can be so uplifting and positive! Sometimes I find myself singing along to a tune on the radio and it always gives me a "leg up" even if just for the moment. Well, time for bed and reading a bit - I\m sure tomorrow will bring forth lots and lots of things to do...haha  I am being bad tonight and leaving the dishes until the morning - I know, when I get up and waddle into the kitchen I will be sorry for this decision! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment