Monday, September 24, 2012

Just saying Hi!

Another miserable weather day today but I managed to get some yard work done in between light showers and windy coldish temps. Trying to get the ornaments rounded up and stored under the picnic table. I transplanted some geraniums and brought them inside - fortunate to get a few inspite of the frost that came. I expect I could get away with a few more cold nights before the plants are destroyed completely. I also just cleaned the turtle filter again - don't do the entire tank thank goodness - that would be a three to four hour job! I started the second book in the Templar Trilogy the other night and so now have something to look forward to going to bed. For about a week I did not pick up a book purposefully - thought it might give my eyes a break but then I started to go into withdrawal haha so I'm back at it. The leaves are turning colour very fast and is quite a sight especially if you look over a a tree covered hill of which we have many. Sunday Harry wanted to go cranberry picking so we left early to head up to the Callander marsh just this side of North Bay. Halfway there, he decided he'd rather go to Sturgeon Falls marsh about 3o minutes the other side of North Bay which is also attached to a museum and walking trails. We had picked there about four to five years ago but hadn't been back since. We found the place OK but the Museum was closed and as we headed along the trails we soon realized that the place had deteriorated to the point where the boardwalks were rotting and in disrepair.There is an attempt to replace the walks as vitnessed by piles of lumber and pieces of cut up old walk all along the trail. We had to traverse one area that was completely gone but since we both had boots on it was not too bad. Once into the marsh proper we soon found out that there were NO berries to be found. So a short morning of cranberry picking turned into an almost full day and home without one berry to show for it. Thank goodness I have a few put away in the freezer, or, Harry could still decide to go up to Callander another day soon. Well, thats my story for now - hope all is well with you both Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment