Thursday, September 13, 2012

sleep apnea

Loren has fairly troublesome sleep apnea, and was tested,and is now being treated.  He looks better, and says he fels much better.  He had to pay for it privately ( he had Blue Cross coverage, as I'm sure you do, Cathy) but swears it was some of the best money he ever spent.  Why don't you talk to him about it?  But I have to admit, your symptoms could be caused by many other things--maybe you just need to rule this out.

I saw the surgeon this morning, to discuss my upcoming surgery.  I had asked my physician several questions last Friday, but wasn't satisfied by his answers.  I feel much more comfortable about things now, except for having it confirmed that I'll have to spent at least one, and probably two nights in hospital.  Since my surgery is scheduled for the afternoon, it may even stretch to three nights.  David went with me, one of the few times we've seen a doctor together, but I wanted him to hear things first hand.  The doctor also spoke of a definite four week recovery period, so I'm glad to know about that in advance.  After getting home and eating lunch, I'm exhausted, and ready for anap, so I was probably more worried than I thought.

But now I face almost two weeks of unschedued time. No meetings or appointments.  I have the fabric sale on the 23rd, but I'm 99% ready for that.  I need to buy a box for the hat, and give it one more coat, but that is pretty well done as well.  The exciting thing is that I have been working on a quilt out of the book Beth gave me, because I had no new or fresh ideas.  Since I started working on the quilt, which will be for my bedroom, the new ideas are flying by. So for today, so far, I'm grateful for finally getting the information I needed, I'm grateful for new and fresh ideas, and grateful, yet again, for David who has been doing the heavy cutting for the new quilt, and topcoat  spraying the heck out of my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment