Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Snow watch??

Just watching the news and there is a snow watch in some spots of the listening area - fortunately not close to us but there is another frost warning here. Today we picked the last of the tomatoes, and the green peppers. Have done down frozen peppers and done pickled peppers, and made tomato juice and still have many containers of small tomatoes left on the table - the little pea currant tomatoes that you can really only eat or make juice. Also cleaned out more flower beds and put away more ornaments - still lots to do though.
Today I received a parcel in the mail from my friend Sue, in which was enclosed a beautiful journal book adorned with little owls front and back. She said she was in the Chapters store in Barrie, On and the book was calling out to her "for Beth, for Beth" so she bought it and sent it off to me along with another long letter to read. She writes about her family, and friends, and people I don't know but does so in a way that entertains me and I realize how rich her life is. Maybe I need this connection and should not be so quick to say that her life is not mine, and that I feel detached when reading or listening to her. I should instead welcome her friendship and cherish even having a friend albeit not close.
Well, another day in the bag so to speak, so off to bed to rest up for tomorrow - I have a lottery ticket for tonight so all is good!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment