Friday, September 28, 2012

sort of good news

This is coming to you via the laptop. Things appear to be functioning well (fingers crossed).  There is still a lot of "customizing" to do. They did away with Internet Explorer, and we now function on either Google Chrome or Foxfire.  I have to re-set all of my bookmarks.  They also updated my Adobe Flashplayer, and I was able to view the video lesson off the internet without too much problem ( at least, not nearly as much problem as before)  I also have to re-install all of my downloads, which will take time, but shouldn't be a problem.  Then I remember that I got in trouble downloading a magazine, so who knows what the future holds. We had been told that the fellow would be out to the house when he could make it, and he would call when he was on his way, but other than that they couldn't even tell us which day.  So, of course, he showed up yesterday while I was out in Selkirk at the gallery.  But we were able to get everything done, communicating via cell phone.

Yes, my surgery is October 22nd, but part of the delay was the surgeon taking an extended vacation over the summer.  When I was having gallbladder problems,I remember my doctor telling me to go into emergency whenever I had problems, as it was the ones who appeared to be having the most trouble that bumped to the top of the list. Mind you, that was in the 90's when waiting lists were really bad.  Still, I ended up waiting almost 10 years after my first attack, which meant that I had the full surgery, and a foot long scar, instead of the four little pin pricks that do the job now.

Loren and his children will be coming here on October 7th for Thanksgiving dinner,but the date just didn't work for Amber. We found out today that we may have a problem finding the suet we need for the dressing.  You used to be able to find it just about any time in the store freezer, but now they're dating it, and it isn't always there, especially when the women are starting their Christmas baking.

For today, I'm grateful that I'm able to use my computer again,and I'm grateful to have the glimmering of my next studio project, emerging from the back of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment