Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pancake House

I loved to see the pictures of the Birthday Party. I was so excited that I made a Pancake House Apple Pancake for my breakfast - the recipe you sent me some time ago. Early this morning as I was walking the dog down by the Lake, and I was thinking about your message and pictures, I decided right then - why not go home and make a Pancake even though I had already had two muffins with my coffee earlier.Thanks for the wonderful prompt to action. Today was a bit of housework, a bit of outside work, and a quick trip to North Bay to buy more soil, and then more work in the greenhouses. In between I am watching the dripping water around the house and chipping ice where there is some accumulation. I fear the report of rain Monday as it will mean some intensive energy to manage it. But hey, it also means no propane heaters - hooray! So Cathy, did you watch Canada's Woman's Curling Team win the Bronze Medal at Worlds? I saw the highlights on the 6 pm news.
Well, Palm Sunday today so that means Easter approaches next weekend and March will be over. Just to get into April brings a smile - it means Spring/Summer weather is really coming and the snow will be disappearing. I hear on the news that a FED EX Panda Express airline has left China with two Giant Panda Bears for a 10 year stay in Canada. It brings back memories of the Pandas in Winnipeg and my visit with Will and Mike when they were young. I have pictures of the two boys with Daddy at the entrance to the Zoo - maybe one of only two times that he saw them I think. And Patty you served Panda Ice cream and the boys were so excited as they had not seen anything like this before! They were also excited about riding on an escalator for the first time. Well enough reminiscing and time for bed - it promises to be a busy week ahead. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment