Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday

My last official day of holidays.  I have done absolutely nothing since Tuesday.  It has been great.  I've read a couple of books (okay, more than a couple)  I even got in the pool finally.  It was empty for a change.  I also turned into the "Little Dutch Boy" and had my hand over a leak in the side of the pool.  It sort of looked like a little boy peeing.  Jim put about an inch of silicone on it and covered it with duct tape.  We couldn't let the silicone dry since I was trying to keep the leak covered from the inside.  It is a little damp on the outside of the pool, but the water isn't spewing forth anymore.  The garden is mostly weeded.  I need to run the tiller down a couple of rows.  The wood pile is tidied up.  We never did finish cutting since the new chain doesn't fit our chain saw.  I was sitting outside reading, but the chair is one of those cheap plastic ones and my back started to ache, so I came inside for a break.  I didn't even shut up the house today.  It is so hot by evening anyway, that I decided not to bother.  We went to the new Target store in  Brandon yesterday.  I doubt if I will make an effort to go back.  The prices seemed a bit higher than I would have expected.  Walmart may not be my favourite store, but at least it is cheap.  Holiday Festival starts tomorrow.  One of Keri's friends is teaching the children's drama, so she will have company for the week.  It will be nice for her.  I guess I should pretend to do something ambitious.  Like read another book!

No comments:

Post a Comment