Monday, July 8, 2013

Herbs???

Gosh, I've had to think a bit about herbs.  I have used Thyme in my tomato sauce, but not often.  Sweet Basil adds to the flavour of just about any dish containing tomatoes. Rosemary works well with chicken, in meat or vegetable rubs, and also in many Greek dishes such as Souvlaki.  Dried parsley is good in stews and such, so I imagine that  the fresh parsley would do well there.  I used to dry my own Parsley, and the scent would permeate the house for a couple of days.  I used to love that scent.  I don't think I've ever used Fernleaf dill, but did use dill in dips.  It can also be used sparingly when mixing a rub for roasted vegetables. I've never heard of your version of "celery", but wonder if it is related to Cilantro, which is a green leafy plant.  I used to use that often, but darned if I can remember where.  Salsa???  Soup??

I think you are right about considering the circumstance,s when deciding to eat out.  We have no hard a fast rule about it, although if I were served raw fish, think I would make it a rule not to go back there ever again.
Once in awhile we do order take out from the Chinese restaurant in the mall.  Just as often we just buy the fried rice, and serve it with whatever is on the menu.  Breakfast used to be at Tim's, as often as we were able to ride our bikes, but we just order drinks now, since the price went up.  I believe that you have to treat  yourself once in awhile, but good restaurants can be expensive, and often I don't see any justification for it.

Today my threads arrived.  I have used them a bit to check them out, and love the effect they give.  I also received a DVD that I had ordered.  It was quite a surprise to see that it originally came from Sweden, although I ordered it from the States.  Global economy, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment