Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mind like a sieve

Several things happened this week that said to me" you've got to blog this".  Well, darned if I can remember what they were.  Maybe the small pleasure of watching the squirrel standing guard over the bird feeder, and actively chasing the Grackles away.  Maybe the small pleasure of eating the still-warm sourdough bread that David has been baking.  Maybe the joy of finally getting to do work on my tree piece and seeing the beautiful color and sheen effect of the very expensive, internet purchased thread I'm using.

The McGrath hair genes have let me down.  Earlier this week I noticed that I was getting a bit of grey--enough for me to see in the mirror while curling my hair.  Yesterday I went for a haircut, and the lady looks at my head and says " You have hair like my mother's with that "salt'n'pepper" thing going on".  Well the McGrath genes may make me fat, but I always thought keeping dark hair into my seventies was the compensation.  Nope!  I keep saying that when it comes to aging, I don't want to go, but no-one seems to be listening.

We will be heading for the lake on the long weekend, and Amber, with her girls, will be joining us for a couple of days.  She says that Jessica has been asking to go, but Amber, herself, doesn't want to have to look after the two of them on her own, down there.  We will need to either get rid of, or move, the outhouse this year, but Gail has said that the younger men in the family can do it.  She is getting a little PO'd with the family using the place, but expecting her, and David, to either do the maintenance or pay someone to do it.  I think she is hoping to get her son Doug down for a weekend, to maybe supervise Lyala's two boys doing the work.  Not that they are boys anymore as Norman is well into his 20's and Harry  about 19. Gail's other son, John, is coming to visit in August.  He and his wife, Emma, emigrated to New Zealand several years ago, and their visiting is a "big deal".

Next weekend is the big Pinawa sale for us--our only "big sale" this year.  Now that we're down to the crunch, I have to make decisions about what is going and what price to put on it.  The hardest part of that is giving every piece a title, as I've been told that things sell much better if they have a title. So, off to work, and have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment