Friday, July 26, 2013

My Turn

I logged in to write only to discover that you both beat me to it!  The week was interesting.  We had seminar on working with people with hearing loss.  Both co-workers and the public.  I was expecting a lecture on what we must do to cater to our co-worker (she arranged the course)  Instead the lady emphasized both sides.  She talked about what we could do to make communication with our co-worker better, but she also talked about what our co-worker should do to make things easier on the rest of the staff.  It really opened up the lines of communication in the office and we all spoke about the difficulties we were having with communication.  All in all I really feel that it benefited our office. And probably most of our hard of hearing clients.  For our anniversary Jim actually bought me some flowers!!  Carnations, which I love.  We ordered in Chinese food (ie I picked it up and brought it home) AND we had a bottle of store bought wine.  Tonight Jim is at meat draw, and he has a ride home, so I am enjoying the quiet time.   (and watching the movie, Dark Shadows) Do either of you remember the soap opera from the late 1960s??    I also met with Elizabeth on Wednesday and told her I really wasn't happy in my status as an Acting DEX.  She finally seemed to listen to me and offered to work out some of my concerns.  I'll stick it out for a while longer and she if things really change.   There is danger of frost tonight. Environment Canada is forecasting a low of 2 (Yes, it is July)  If I had a garden I would worry, but there just isn't anything worth worrying about.  Monday, we are supposed to be golfing in the Touchwood tournament. I have the day off work, so hopefully it won't be pouring rain and they cancel.  Tomorrow I have the joy of grocery shopping.  I just can't seem to taste anything special, so I wander the aisles hoping to find something that appeals to me.  I need to make some meals and get them into the freezer for future days.  When I can't decide what I want I end up with popcorn :) .  I guess my time is almost up.  Jim should be home soon.  I am pretty sure that the friend driving him will stay for a while, so I better brace myself.   Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment