Friday, July 19, 2013

No need to water tonight...

and thank goodness. We have had some rain off and on over the day. Started with a violent thunderstorm last night and then intermittent rain showers today mixed with sunny skies. But the temp has still remained high and muggy. And even though now, there is a bit of a breeze outside, the inside of the house is still hot. May take a day or two of cooler weather to get the house back to livable. The animals seem to really feel the heat and I have had fans going in their direction to try to cool them down. I should be like Mike - he said he took his cat and gave it a cool bath as it was laying on its back on the floor with its legs up trying to keep cool. Mike said the cat acted as though it appreciated the bath. There is another severe thunderstorm warning in place now for our area and tornadoes, of course. Hope that doesn't happen!   Feels funny to look out window and see the new Equinox sitting in the driveway. We drove by the dealership/garage today and I spotted our old car and van parked at the very back of the lot. I guess they will be hauled away to somewhere to be sold.
I got my hair cut today and even though it wasn't all that long, it feels so much better to be trimmed at the neck and around the ears. It was so humid that the hair was falling in my face - when it does that, it is time to get a cut. I also went to the Library and picked up the book on hold for me as I received a message that it was waiting for me. Just the other day I bought another book on KOBO - the new thriller called A Coocoo Calling by Robert Galbraith who is really JK Rowling writing under a pseudonym. I'll leave that to read until after I finish the Library book as I only have two weeks for that. Keep thinking of Patty and Dave at the Pinawa show this weekend and hope all goes well. Hard to imagine it was only a year ago that I was there with them!! I plan to watch a movie tonight - one of the DVDs we have but don't know what yet which one I'll pick. I would like a nice comedy or "chick flick" - I'll let you know. I had a long conversation with the new next door neighbour from Holland this morning. He really talked a lot and I found out much about their story in just this one talk. I haven't seen her yet but I'm sure over next few weeks that will occur. well, time to go. Have a good weekend Cathy, I know what Patty is up to, so what are you going to do?  Fingers crossed for the lottery tonight!! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment