Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quiet time

This has been the Lily Festival weekend in Neepawa.  Which to us means the French Fry truck is in town!  Lots of venders selling their precious junk.  Jim did buy me a brewt pot.  You can make coffee or tea or chocolate in it.  You put the grounds in the top and when it is ready, you sit it on top of your cup and a valve opens up and the liquid flows out.  I tried it this morning and it worked great. Kellie and her brother are out for the weekend.  We watched the parade and then a friend with a son 2 years older than Grant took the younger kids down to the park.  We didn't see Grant again all day.  He wants to come back and spend time with Donovan again.  Kellie is taking him up to the lake today to his Aunt's for the week.  My foot is still quite sore, but it is a different sore now.  More like I stubbed it than the gout.  Still hurts, but soooo much less than it did.  I hope to rest it today.  Yesterday I worked at the Legion during the rush after the parade, so I was on my feet for a few hours.  I got $9 in tips and a free drink!  Our garden is a disappointment this year.  The plants are alive, but that is about it.  We will not be getting much, if anything, out of it.  I have already told Kik that she will have to have store bought salsa this year.  18 tomato plants and we have 4 tomatoes and a few flowers,  6 banana pepper plants and one pepper and no flowers.  About 4 green peppers and no jalepenos.  And it should have been a good year with all the rain and heat.  I'm glad that we are not dependent on our garden to survive.  We don't even have potatoes.  Good thing we have Hutterite friends. :)    I missed part of the parade since I had to go and help in the bar, but I think every Filipino in Neepawa was in the parade.  In cars, on floats, walking and even a group of half naked men doing a "snake" dance (in bare feet!)  Talk about community spirit!  They even did a dance display on Saturday afternoon at the tent. I will have to get busy on my stuff for ACT soon.  I have to have the annual report done soon, but so far I have received one report.  I might be doing them myself.  Of course I can't complain,  because I haven't done my report yet either.  Kik was sick this week with a wicked migraine, so she is way behind on her work too.  She came over for supper yesterday after work, but headed home early to get started on catching up.  The community choir is performing today at the Lily Tent, but she said not to come 'cause they have made them part of the "gospel night"  I wouldn't go into the tent anyway.  I would sit outside and listen to her choir and then sneak away :)  JIm has arisen!  Time to be socialable.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment