Monday, July 22, 2013

Sale report

My "Big Sale" was a success.  David took along some of the older stuff I had and set up a "bargain booth", and it sold well, so I got rid of a lot of older work.  The only "down side" is that so much of my new work sold that I have to work my fanny off for the next few months getting ready for my show in December.  It was exhausting for both of us, and yesterday was mainly spent resting, but we did need to do a bit of grocery shopping.  We bought beef, and had a lovely roast beef dinner last night.  The rest of the evening was spent vegging out in front of the tv, even though all we could find to watch was Bar Rescue.

This week I plan to take care of the most glaring housekeeping chores, and develop a work plan for filling that gallery in December.  We are heading for the lake August 1st for about 5 days, and I would like to take a fair bit of work down there with me.  Painting and dyeing fabric would work well, but Amber and the girls will be with us for 3 days, and David is apprehensive about painting with the girls around, although I did a bit of that with them a couple of years ago.  August 1st David's sister will be joining us, as she and David have an appointment with a Real Estate agent to talk about putting the property up for sale.  The rest of the family now know about this, which is why Amber wanted to spend a little time down there with the children.  Loren has also asked for a weekend later in August.  This is a significant episode in the Findlay family, and the transition will occupy us for the next year, I'm sure.  I'm hoping that it will ease some family tensions as well.  David's nephew, John, will be visiting for a few days later in August, as part of a cross country trip he and his wife are making.  They emigrated to New Zealand several years ago and this will  be their first time back, although David's sister has visited them there a couple of times.

This is what my future holds, and we'll just have to play it out.  This uncertainty about the future in no way diminishes how grateful I am for the best and most lucrative sale I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment