Thursday, January 23, 2014

Another sort of lazy day?

Staying mostly inside these days to avoid the cold so days seem long and lazy. I did try to go the Insurance office this morning to change our car insurance to a different company. It appears that our present company will no longer cover comprehensive because we have had three glass claims in the last three years. The joys of living in rural Northern Ontario is the increased risk of stones and rocks cracking the windshield and I guess we have had our share - no way to avoid. The Broker said she had found another company who would cover (with an increase in premium of course.) so as I went to the office, off she drove in a hurry. A note on the door said Sorry Out on a Fire call. I guess this is another anomaly of small town living. She is also a Volunteer Fire Fighter so when the call comes in you close the door and leave, quickly. I can go back in the morning so all is not lost. I found two Christmas design hooked rug kits in the basement and started to work on one yesterday - a beautiful Red Cardinal which I love. It will be a wall hanging for Christmas decorating when I get it done. And today I pulled out some fabric and have a colour scheme in mind to cut out pieces to fashion the Great Grandmas Fan - I'll make a small hanging or table covering. I have to find something to cut out the pattern to use to cut the small fan pieces that get sewn together. I have plastic somewhere that is for that purpose but darned if I know where haha So that will keep me busy for a little while in between everything else I do. This morning Harry asked me to show him how to text on his cell phone. I am not used to his phone but managed to figure out how only to get a message saying network not available. Long story short, I called technical support at Bell Mobility and had a wonderful man patiently work through the issues with me. Something in program settings was changed finally and the message on phone was sent successfully( to the technician number he gave me to try) So all is well now as Harry has since sent a message to Mikes cell and received a reply. Seems nothing is easy anymore related to the latest technology, but eventually things get rectified with a little patience (and Beth haha)  Time to look for some plastic or something and try my luck with cutting out patterns. Wish I had an Accuquilt GO machine. I watched episode on The Quilt Show yesterday where they cut out all sorts of triangles and squares using this method. Neat! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment