Sunday, January 12, 2014

Another weather challenge survived

The temps rose, and the rains came and the water rose and yet, I am still here to tell the tale haha
What a pain........and I did have to get the sump pump out for a bit but mostly just shovelled the water away. Then the temps started to drop again, and now we are near freezing point but with no precipitation, we are holding our own. I am so glad that I cleaned off a bit of the roof snow otherwise we may have had worse problems.
I went to Public Skating this afternoon for the first time this season. I did not stay on the ice too long but enough to enjoy a few dances around the rink. I walked over to the arena so knew that if I exerted myself too much and then had to walk home, I might have been in some trouble. As it is, I may very well have some sore muscles tomorrow.
Harry has bid on some auction items from the Midland Auctions on line and the cut off is at 8 pm tonight. So we may be driving to Midland tomorrow or Tuesday - a full day really as it is about 2 and half to three hours one way. He contacted them to see if they would like some consignment items for next auction so for last two days he has been filling boxes with some of his treasures to take when we go. We may stop into visit old friends who live in Coldwater which is on way to Midland. She used to live across the street here and she babysat the boys when they were young and I worked.  Have not seen her in years and years.
Time to feed the animals, and then I hope to watch another segment of The Quilt Show here on the laptop. Hope all is well with you folks. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment