Saturday, January 25, 2014

Arg-h-h-h!

I screwed up again.  I made up a post, and published it in the wrong blog.  I quickly deleted it, but should have copied it here, instead, before doing that.  I really didn't say much.  It snows, and snows, almost everyday. Tomorrow the wind is predicted to hit 70//hr, so we will be dealing the windchill as well. Yesterday the blowing snow created almost white out conditions all around the city, and there were travel advisories.  The book I have been reading was talking about "ground blizzards" and I wonder if that is what he meant.  As well there were the most interesting cloud formations.  Hard to describe, but almost flat layers with very blue sky between.  Close to the horizon it reminded me of the pictures we see of approaching desert sand storms--like a mass of low cloud moving in.  We even talked about whether it was cloud or blowing in snow.  And we are having trouble with the snow blower.  David says it just needs a tune up,but I worry.

Yesterday we had to run errands and then had an appointment at the bank. By the time the errands were run, we had almost an hour to kill before going to the bank.  We went shopping at Dollarama. We just cruised the aisles, and picked up almost anything that caught our eye.  Have you ever done this? It can be a bit of fun.  We picked up some pens that might be more comfortable to hold than the ones I've insisted on using for the past 30 years, gravy mix, a package of emery boards, a new cheese grater, some sunglasses--just small junk.  It has been awhile since I took a good look at the craft section.  I used to buy a lot of small stuff there, but there is very little available these days.  To bad.

At the bank we renewed our mortgage.  They had called us in four months early, as they were able to offer us a significant reduction in interest rate.  We are now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  If everything goes according to plan, we should have it paid off at least four years earlier than originally planned.  Sort of nice to think about that, even if what we pay now can be seen as very cheap rent.

Time for poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment