Saturday, January 4, 2014

Baby, It's cold outside....

I thought that maybe if I sang a song I would feel warmer... I think I picked the wrong song.  We have a fire going, and I have my sweats and a blanket on me and I am still chilled.  I thought of having a shower when we got home, but I was too cold.  Tomorrow is supposed to be worse all day...... -46 wind chill during the day.  Jim was going to blow snow, but I think that might have to wait.  I am planning on having a cooking spree tomorrow.  Meatballs, and hamburger patties and stew and soup.  I will see how far I get.  We were going to have chicken wings tonight, but they had food at the legion again.  Homemade bread, ham, home made sausage,  beet buns (bread dough wrapped in beet leaves and cooked in a sauce... really good)  Pickles, and christmas pudding.   Obviously I wasn't hungry when we got home.  We were supposed to work meat draw last night, but with the storm, Carey & Garry offered to trade nights with us, so we stayed home when I got home from work.  I had to stop 3 times on the way home to let the window's defrost.  The snow was blowing in through the vents.  Rrain told me she couldn't even get out of her house 'cause the snow had blown in.  She said she was warm and had food, so all was good.  I agree with her.  I am not going to leave the house tomorrow (unless it is to bring in more wood for the fire.)   Keep safe and try to stay warm and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment