Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Is Christmas gone?

By all appearances here in this house  it is...I spent the day taking down the decorations and packing them all away. It looks very bare now but that is normal and I'll just get used to it.  Yesterday Harry bought an ice maker at Canadian Tire and today I set it up and now have three bags of ice cubes outside in my outdoors freezer. This makes sense actually only because we also bought six boxes of Kcups for our Keurig machine for Lemonade Iced Tea for only 4.99/box. You put ice cubes into a cup and then brew the Kcup - as the hot liquid goes into the cup the ice cubes melt and voila, you have iced tea. Doesn't take much to amuse me eh?
I saw the New Years in, although I was in bed. I was awake at midnight so sang Happy New Year and then went back to sleeping ( or trying to sleep!) I actually stayed up until after 10 pm because I went on line to the The Quilt Show and had a ball watching several episodes. I am glad you told me to watch to the end for an "after set" because I found this every bit as interesting. Several books are promoted in the course of watching a few sessions, and one would like to have all of them, but I am thinking of maybe trying at the Library first. I am enjoying the Show.
And no New Year Resolutions this year - the inspirational saying for the last day of December and the last day of the year said: I stand at the threshold of a new year. May God help me to be kind, fair, and wise in all my affairs. I thought that would be good enough for me to follow without being too grandiose or unrealistic. Here's hoping I can keep up my end of the bargain!
I had to give in and make a Doctors appointment Monday for my bladder issue - now on antibiotics and feeling better than I have over the last two weeks. My conservative treatment just didn't cut it this time, but I managed to go through barrels of cranberry juice and still have lots on hand just in case haha . Well, no trees lights to sit by tonight, so I think I'll find some reading and head to bed.
Wishing all a very wonderful year ahead, and may this blog continue to bring us together even more than as wonderfully felt by me so far. Thanks and Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment