Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not fit for man nor beast....

Awakening to another frigid day and apparently no relief in sight for a few days. Oh, to be a school kid again - second day in row this week that school buses have been cancelled because of cold weather. And in this area, most children are bused to school although the schools remain open most kids can't get there unless driven by parents. I was wanting to get out and clean the roof today but that may have to wait - it will be sunny with no winds but still might be too much.
Well, as result of my first Eye appointment yesterday I am now a bit more in the know about process. I did not see the Doctor but instead underwent an intensive bunch of tests and pictures and measurements etc. with the technicians.  All these results will be in the Doctors hands when I see him in person next Wednesday. He will give me a thorough examination and may want more tests done at that time, but will likely determine then if surgery will go ahead. I will also be able to consult with him re: the continued issues with tearing and bleeding of retina. Surgery is done at the Huntsville Hospital and he is limited to only 16 eyes a week (so who does the counting?) and they are already booked to the end of April. So I will definitely not be done until at least May or after - and I was preparing for, and panicking about the potential for next week! I guess that means I will be doing the shovelling throughout the rest of the winter after all haha So now we know.  Well, time of a coffee (another coffee that is - bad me!) and a bagel toasted, and then on with the day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment