Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Only in Winnipeg

Just before noon, the temperature was -10.  The weather forecast for the day was  "snow flurries this morning.  Temperature rising to +1 by noon, and +3 in the afternoon.  Afternoon rain and chances of a thunderstorm this evening.   They also used the word "volatile" which the disc-jockey translated as " we don't have clue what's going on"

Well, I don't think the temp got up that high, and I sure didn't see any thunder storm.  Needless to say, I didn't set foot outdoors, although David went out to bring the garbage and recycling bins into the yard.  spent most of the day in the studio, which was nice. Then I realized that I had pushed my wrists a little too far,and will probably have to spend the next few days at machine work. No excitement around here, although I have plans to visit the fabric store tomorrow.  I have arranged to have two quilt tops that have been hanging around here, machine quilted. ( Same lady as did your,Beth) I have to supply everything, so need to pickup some cheap batting somewhere, and it is on sale.  I figure the job will take about half of my $423.  The rest I'm saving until the end of March, when I get a chance to visit the vendors at the quilt show.  My favourite thread source will be there.

Now to shower without getting my left hip wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment