Sunday, January 26, 2014

Remind me again why we live in Canada?

Snow, blowing snow, cold temperature and windchill.   Why would I want to live anywhere else?  Actually, I don't think I would.  Maybe at this time of year a week or two somewhere warm would be nice, but since Jim still refuses to get a passport I guess that will never happen.  Of course going on facebook and seeing the pictures that Kris and Sandi posted from St. Lucia, and the pictures Rodney & Kristy posted from Mexico did nothing to improve my mood.  I got another call-in early this morning from building security.  I drove to town at 80 km.  There was so much ground drift and the "fingers" of snow drifts across the highway.  One good thing about the fresh snow was that I could see there were no footprints up to the building so no real person inside.  The inside back door was open.  I don't know if the wind was strong enough that it came through the cracks under the porch door and blew it open, or if the mound of garbage bags the caretakers have piled in the porch collapsed and knocked it open.  Unless it is pushed shut it sometimes doesn't catch.  Today's call brings me up to over 7 days of overtime.  I am taking a week in March to use up some of it.   I am hoping to have all my "Spring" cleaning done by the end of March.  Of course, by taking so long to get it done, I will just have to start over at the beginning again anyway!  Jim just checked our lottery tickets.  We won our usual.   I think my plans for today involve a book and the couch.  I can watch the blowing snow through the window and be grateful I don't have to go back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment