Monday, January 20, 2014

Try again!

Obviously, yesterday was a bad day,and last evening spent indulging a a private pity party.  Yes, Beth, the cold sure makes a difference.  I've found that the Voltaren Emulgel helps, but you're best not to use it for more than about 3 weeks at a stretch.  It seems to "burn?" the skin a bit.  The problem is that I am working on a new Reliquary.  It is going very well, and may turn out to be one of my best.  In some places it is several layers thick and some of those layers are each 1/8" thick and covered with metallic paint.  The sewing machine can deal with it, given special heavy duty needles, but when it comes to beading, it is my poor hands all the way.  My co-ordination is just a little bit off, and even the thimble is causing trouble.  But after three days rest, I finished the beading today, and there is only a very little bit more hand sewing, and that is through just a couple of layers of silk.I have a bit of a deadline, but plan to post pictures as soon as I can get it finished.

Today I took two quilt tops to the long arm quilter. This is a big deal.  One of the tops has been waiting well over a year for me to get my act together and find the money to take it over. They are both utility quilts, so they were taken to the lady who does the more basic pantograph quilting,( as she did for you). In the past, others have been taken to a very highly respected free motion long arm quilter in Gladstone, who has an international reputation for her work, and now charges accordingly-- but beyond my budget.  Imagine my surprise when the lady today told me that she is now doing simple free motion work!  So one of my babies is getting some free motion spirals, and the other a very delicate and feminine pantograph--very in keeping with the colour scheme and design.

David made a batch of my modified Weight Watchers vegetable soup today.  There is no way I could have chopped all of the vegetables that go into it, so I am very grateful.  I enjoy the soup, but it can only be made using turkey stock--which means cooking a turkey. Quite  long process for a bowl of soup. Our casual search for out-dated food continues.  Today it was a jar of Miracle whip.  But we were safe, as there was another jar in the pantry. Whoops!  That one is out-dated too!!  So both are gone.  Did I tell you that awhile back we found a package of Kraft Dinner that was out-dated?  Never thought that could happen.

Okay, enough typing.  Sleep well everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment