Sunday, January 19, 2014

Well here it is Sunday morning aleady

And I look out the window to see blowing winds and snow causing a flurry of almost whiteout at times. I took the dog to the lake early this morning and had some issues with the wind, and icy surfaces under the snow. The plows were out and when they scrap the roads it leaves a sheet of ice on which one must navigate carefully. But I figured I would be OK as help was at hand - three OPP vehicles were parked at the Hotel Coffee shop - I guess they were having their morning "briefing". They often gather there or at the corner restaurant for morning coffee. I wouldn't want to be them out on the highways today either. We were supposed to drive to Dunchurch today - it is a small town about 45 minutes west of Sundridge towards Parry Sound- to pick up a jar of Watkins Analgesic Balm for Harry. This particular cream is no longer being sold by Watkins but it is one that really works for Harry. We bought all that Harry's sister in law had in stock (she sells Watkins in Kirkland Lake) I called around this area and found only one dealer who had any in stock. She had one jar left  (this one in Dunchurch) so I asked her to keep it for pick up today. It may settle down by this afternoon and we could drive there but I won't hold my breath. Otherwise I will likely be shovelling again as soon as the plow does our street - I can hear it on the main road now. And I also have some ripe bananas that need to be used - I am a bit tired of muffins but really nothing else I can make with them - I love banana cake but then I am the one who eats it! Maybe we shouldn't buy so many bananas at a time. I have some patterns for quilting picked out from my books - I look for something that I can use scraps of fabric I have on hand and that are handy rather than have to purchase. There are boxes of fabric in the basement but I can't get at them right now. I found a pattern called Great Grandma's Fans and it interests me to try something different such as fans. I have really only made squares to date. The other one I am looking at is called Scrap Patch Paddlewheel Both will be small tablecloths or wall hanging size as that is really all I could attempt related to time and space. So who knows......I'll keep you informed of any progress. Must run and change the laundry over and then out the door to shovel. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment