Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hot enough yet??

And I hear on the radio that there are frost warnings in Alberta!  I certainly do not want frost yet, but a little cool breeze would be nice. Speaking of frost, yesterday I managed to get most (most) of the houseplants back into the back room again after being outside all summer.  This is a multi step process - first to clear space in the back room and then clean the plants from all the dropped pine needles, and then figure out where to place them on the limited shelf space. I still have two big tree like plants to bring but they should go on the floor. Oh, dear, better clear some more floor space haha!
Have heard from all the "old girls" and we have planned a luncheon for Saturday, October 3 in Huntsville at the Swiss Chalet. It is on a Saturday to accommodate the one who is still working. All the others are now retired. So there will be five of us and I am looking forward to the outing. We usually have a good time and it's fun to see them again.  They all have such different lives from me, sometimes it is hard to relate, but they are still friends.
I believe today we are picking fresh parsley and boxing it up and sending it on the bus to Harry's sister in law in Kirkland lake. I have to check the schedule yet but I think the bus will go around two pm - give us time to get it ready.  Yesterday Harry went to the grocery store to buy some ingredients to make green tomato relish - came home with a bake yourself pizza so we had that around 2:30 pm which sufficed for lunch and supper! And still some leftover for today. So today I believe it will also be make relish day?  I'll have to ind more jars. never seems to end.
Better get going, sounds like a full day and I haven't had my coffee yet.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment