Friday, November 18, 2016

re: Cindy Needham

I'm quite familiar with this woman's work.  I have taken a couple of her internet classes through Craftsy.  It was her first class on machine quilting that got me into machine quilting, and classes that I've been teaching for a few years now. I followed her blog for awhile but began to feel as though her work has not progressed recently.  Not that it needed to--she is wonderful and her interest in old linens has sparked a huge movement.  It's all her fault that the price of vintage linens, on sale sites such as Ebay, has skyrocketed in the past couple of years. Finding a vintage piece that is in good enough shape to use, has become increasingly difficult. I actually have a piece in mind, using a smaller tablecloth that Grandma Harland gave me as a wedding gift.  I used to follow her blog, but she has recently gotten heavily into promoting a type of ruler she has devised, so I've backed off.

She is also know for something else.  Sometime ago, she and her husband bought a new home, and after taking possession discovered that it had been a gro-op, and the evidence hidden before the sale.  The subsequent legal battle resulted in the changes in legislation, certainly at the State level, if not nationally, that we now see in the full disclosure laws in real estate.  Even though they live in California, it was a major legal win that had effects in the whole country.

No comments:

Post a Comment