Thursday, January 10, 2019

Am I among the missing?

Cathy, I think a whole new world is opening for you.  Enjoy every minute of it, and while you're enjoying it, you will be sitting and off your feet, slippers or not.  I remember when Windows 10 came in.  Very, very frightening, but once I got into experimenting with it, I found out how much it could do for me.  Don't ever want to go back.

There have been some excellent sales at the grocery store lately.  As a result my freezer is full, and I couldn't add casseroles if I wanted to.  I tried to make a very old bag of chicken thighs taste good yesterday.  Didn't work, but we ate some of them anyway.  What was left has gone into a casserole for tonight, even if I'm not supposed to be eating them.  Filling the freezer, at this time of year has left us a little skint for the rest of the month.  But we should be able to live out of the freezer, and only have to buy perishables, in any case.  Helping out was the payment I received from Carolyn, yesterday, for the work I did for her last fall,  and then today I got a cheque from the gallery in Selkirk, for sales up to the end of the year.  Glad to see both of those, small as they were, as we also had to pay for some car servicing yesterday.  I may also have a customer for some of my beads, and I think both of us would be glad to see some of those disappear, even if they do sell at a loss.

Lots of funny weather around here.  The almost constant ups and downs in temperature seem to really make my arthritis worse.  Not good.

Otherwise we putter along.  David spends time cursing the snowplows that seem to love the boulevard in front of the house for dumping snow, and the windrows that they leave across the driveway.  But they also keep the street plowed back to the curb, so that we can get the car in and out, given the cars parked there.  I keep busy piecing charity quilts, and I'm glad to see the bags of fabric that were cut, for this purpose last spring, disappearing.  The result isn't pretty, but it is serviceable, which is all that really matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment