Sunday, January 6, 2019

Glad to have you back, Cathy

You've been struggling with this for awhile.  I would be lost without my computer, even though there David's is available for checking e-mail.

My friend Gail picked me up yesterday for a trip to the precious metal dealer.  We visited two stores, and both of them had a tub full of silver plate that they save specially for her.  The two tubs even had her name written on them.  Evidently this sort of purchase is a regular thing for her.  I believe that she pays scrap metal prices for the stuff.  What she picked up yesterday was pretty good quality from what I could see.  She'll now turn it all into jewelry or decorative things like wind chimes.

After that she wanted lunch, and took me to Dim Sum Gardens.  I've certainly heard of Dim Sum, but never had it, and she said that this place was the best in town.  The room was quite busy, and I noticed that there were only two other Caucasian people there, which I'm told is a good indication of quality.  I enjoyed it and would certainly try it again.  Have either of you ever had it?

This afternoon I want to paint some brown paper, so that I can experiment with it in terms of giving it a light waxing.  My arthritis is acting up, and sewing doesn't seem to be realistic right now, so I may as well amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment