Wednesday, January 2, 2019

haven't got a lot of snow

But, boy!, are we ever cold.  Wind chills in the minus 30 range, and a nasty wind it is.  yesterday, I tried to do up the collar of my parka, to hold the hood in place, and discovered that the snap fasteners are all female snaps! Go figure.  I've been wearing that parka for three winters now, and had never noticed this before.

Yesterday, we went to see Aquaman.  Over Christmas the girls had been teasing each other about the "eye candy", but I can't really see that there was that much of that sort of thing, except maybe in the first few minutes of the film.  What there was, was a tremendous amount of violence.  I had had enough about half way through the movie.  Then I spent the rest of the film, marveling at what had obviously gone into the filming, and special effects.  If you gave it some thought it was mind boggling.  I also noticed that much of the dialogue seemed "muffled" to me, and wondered if it was just my hearing problems.  I've read about how to judge the effectiveness of a movie, and it usually comes down to the ability of the film to suspend belief, in the viewer.  This one didn't do it.

So now back to the real world of housework and, for me, meetings about volunteer work.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment