Sunday, January 13, 2019

Nice bird feeder...

...and especially since there were birds coming to feed. I haven't seen any birds around here for so long.  But then I have not been putting out bird seed either - maybe some pieces of bread now and then, but then the squirrels get at them. I do dump the discarded budgie seeds into the outside feeder but I do not see who gets that. It is actually a waste of budgie seed when I see what goes out but when I change the feeders I cannot sort through what is eaten and what is not so the whole dish gets dumped and new seed goes in.
Speaking of budgies, I managed to do the big switch of birds from three smaller cages into the new big floor model. As a start I reviewed my notes and tried to put the right mix of birds - probably would not matter but in a way I have felt i have lost track of their order and  parentage already.  At some point they all look alike even if I have documented each with birth date, parents and their description. 
I have started to put together a hooked rug wall hanging (26 x 40) that Harry received from Mike at Christmas. A gorgeous lion face brilliant with golds and browns. The canvases provided are no longer printed with the colours of wool to use but blank - a picture with grid and symbols for each colour  takes its place. And each of the 25 packs of cut pieces came in a mixture of all the colours, so one had to sort through each and set aside according to same colour. That part is now done, and the canvas is taped all around - now I just have to do it. Harry was overcome with its intensity so I was passed it to do, along with it's mate a beautiful picture of wolves all in blues and greys. I figure this will take me a few years so no worry about keeping myself busy haha!
Received a call from dear Daisy's family yesterday - they are on their way up for a week. Her son Mike, and grandaughter Michelle, and the cat Blackie. So I shall call them Monday and arrange a visit. I think Harry will come this time since Mike always asks about him - he was in the Military as well so they have something in common. And he loves to talk so it would be nice to have Harry along to speak with him and then I can have some quality time with Daisy. My last visit with them was monopolized with Mike conversing and poor Daisy did not get much attention.
Pati, it sounds as if you and Geesji had a lovely visit - and nice she took some of your beads.  Do your cupboards look bare?  I have so many beads as well, but not the really nice seed type beads that you have - lots of novelty beads that I will never use - Harry frequently brings bags of them home from garage sales so I just put them away and then never use them.  I also have a very large assortment of rubber stamps - some really good wooden ones (which I have seen in Michaels selling for an arm and a leg) , and also some novelty ones. No idea what one can do with them all.
Well time for another coffee and some breakfast and then one with another "cold" day. It should get a bit milder this week according to the forecast - not soon enough for me. I want Summer !   Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment