Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Grandfather Clocks

Funny how your mind wanders and you come up with so many weird questions. I was sitting with my coffee this morning in the quiet as I always do, and heard my clock quietly doing its thing and it got me wondering about all the others. I saw both Cathy's and Pati's sitting stately in your front rooms when I visited in Sept.
So today I ask: How have all the clocks being distributed to Family, and how many are actually working - actively functioning each day, or sitting idle but still in working condition, or not working? 
As I just mentioned, I have one, and it is running regularly with me pulling up the weights as needed and occasionally adjusting the hands because it tends to slow down - I know I can adjust the pendulum to fix the running but I have not done that. It plays every 15 minutes and also gongs the hour on the hour. 
That's it for today....take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment