Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Typing on a keyboard

I now have to learn everything all over again.  This computer seems smaller than my old one, but it is just the configuration of the keyboard.  I saw the doctor on Monday.  I bragged about how I had been able to get my shoes on the week before and my winter boots the day before.  He smiled gently and said "no"  He said by forcing my foot into tight places I was actually inhibiting the healing.  He said it could easily be 3 or 4 weeks before the swelling goes away.  He even said if they won't let me wear slippers at work I could just stay home and heal.  Foolishly I said wearing slippers would be okay.  So I am once again wearing shoes that are a size too big when I am outside and slippers inside.  And what happens?  Snow.... Lots of snow. :(.  When I got my computer I also got a Chromecast.  It attaches to my TV and links to Chrome Home.  I can get Netflix with it and You Tube and some music apps and I am not sure of what else.  Kris and Sandi have it and suggested I try it.  It is for TVs that are not smart TVs,  Jim gave me his old TV that was broken and no longer a smart TV.  I have been watching Netflix on it.  I just have to figure out how to get all the other Apps it can access.  I open the app on my phone and it communicates with my TV through the ChromeCast.  Way beyond my understanding.  It has been a tough choice which to play with more.... the TV or the computer.  Tonight I am going to go through my freezer recipes (which I save to a flash drive before my old computer died) and get some meals into the freezer.  I have a lot of stew beef so stews are on the list, and also beef noodle soup.  Some freezer quiches and some chicken cordon bleu casseroles.  And lazy lasagne casseroles.  It is not quite lasagne, but much easier to make.  So next on my list is downloading the pictures from my phone to my computer and uploading the music from my computer to my phone...... I know it can be done, but how??? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment