Thursday, November 12, 2009

Be - I love your messages

First I thank you for the e-mails - for two reasons: first to see the pictures of Jess and Samantha, and second, to actually receive an e-mail!
I just love to read about your adventures - both of you! What I would give to be able to share such exciting stories with you - I am getting tired of only telling (as I am sure you are equally as tired of hearing) about my visits to Mother. But nothing else much happens - so we went to Mothers again today and I did housework, laundry and some gardening.
Tomorow we go up to North Bay to pick up some Freecycle items Harry is receiving - one is an old wall clock and since he likes to collect clocks this should be a good item - he doesn't know if it works but frequently he fiddles with them and they start to work ( a little WD 40 works wonders to get things going)
We were to North Bay for the Remembrance Service - actually two since there was the main one at the arena and then another for the Algonquin Regiment at their cenetaph. Mike was in the Volley Team at both. Then we went back to the Armoury for a lunch and social.
I am having a great deal of trouble in finishing this quilt I am trying to do - mainly because I have no idea what I am doing and sort of just doing it by trial and error - and mostly error right now! I believe my main problem is that I do not have the space essential for ease of work. So I carry on hoping it will eventually work out not so bad - it will stay in this house and not be seen by anybody so I guess it really doesn't matter? But I have put so much time and energy into it that I really want it to look exceptional. And plus it is made from all your 2 inch squares you sent me Patty! Maybe I can take a picture and send to you both - to brag a bit, if for no other reason.
anyway - time for bed. Take care and keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment