Friday, December 16, 2011

And so the last weekend before Christmas

...and what are we all about to be doing? I think I shall enjoy the time, sit in front of the beautifully decorated tree, perhaps have a wee nip, and maybe watch a Christmas movie. Or, perhaps I will go to Mothers and clean up some more – haha – the choices are so difficult these days! Finally the temps have dropped and we have a sprinkling of white stuff on the ground. Most of all though we do NOT have the constant downpour of rain, and the shovelling of water at our front window to contend with as we did the last few days.  I just washed my hair and put it up into curlers which I have not done for a long time. It is getting long again and I really have no time to make an appt to get it cut before Christmas so the next best thing is to curl it. Yesterday we went to the LCBO and wandered about looking for a few interesting bottles to buy Mike for Christmas. We have over the last few years tried to buy a nicely shaped bottle, or funny designed one and not necessarily cared what might be in the bottle although this year it tended to be whiskey. It is also hard to wrap a bottle in order to camouflage it because it keeps gurgling as you hold the box in different directions. I'm sure he'll guess anyway that it is a bottle of something so the surprise will be to open it and see what it is and what it looks like. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed this past summer and fall puttering around outside in the yard until now when I don't – I can see the difference it is also making in my shape, from lack of exercise and also from an increased consumption of baking. So I guess you can't win – was excited to do some baking but then I'm afraid enjoyed the spoils too much. I haven't had a chance to go public skating either, so I must promise to take better care of myself come the new year. That isn't a resolution either, but a promise to myself, so there is no chance to break it like so many other resolutions. Today I plan to tidy up here at home as best I can and once the low peak hours for hydro start to try to catch up on some laundry. Life can't get more exciting can it? Hope you all have a great weekend and I will look forward to lots of messages and news from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment