Friday, October 24, 2014

What can i say?

I sit all day with my leg up.

I was getting concerned yesterday about how much swelling there was, and how much difficulty it caused when I tried to do my exercises.  Think of trying to bend a big tube of baloney in the middle.  So I called the doctor's office, as instructed in the paperwork they gave me, and she assured me it was normal.  She offered to get me into his orthopedic clinic on Monday, if I was still concerned today, but I think I'll leave it.  I was able to do everyone of my bed exercises--before I got out of bed, mind you--this morning.  Now the problem is finding a sock to fit over it.  Try to imagine me in my recliner with it reclined so that my feet are in the air, and David struggling to put on a too-tight sock--from the wrong end.

I am accomplishing a fair bit of the hand sewing I had stockpiled.  This is going too quickly, and I'm a little worried about being left with nothing more to do, before I can use the machine to work up a bunch more ( as was the plan).  OMG!  I could be left with nothing to do except "hexies", and they're all downstairs,--somewhere.

We're running out of food, and David really doesn't want to go shopping alone.  We hope to hold out until Monday, when the store should be less crowded, and I can maybe borrow a scooter.  But this is leading to some creative meal planning.  For a lunch/breakfast I ended up mixing Astro Balkan Style yogurt  (quite sour-tasting, maybe it had been around too long) with a bit of soft honey and fresh fruit. Quite tasty.  While in hospital, I was served a warm hard-boiled egg.  I used to love those when I was young!  So we had that for another breakfast, even though David had to pick up a dozen eggs on one of his trips out.

So we are taking it day-by-day.  I'm developing an appreciation for reality shows.  I tried a few of the dramas, and couldn't figure out what was going on, so tend to watch the older ones, if given a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment