Sunday, December 23, 2018

Well--now we have snow!

Several inches yesterday, and still snowing today.  David has been out with both the shovel and snow blower, but after a few minutes it doesn't look any different than before he started.  This has meant that I didn't get out to my friend , Gail's, for her open house yesterday.  Now we've both agreed that we don't need to get out today, so, we'll just wait and see about even a trip to the grocery store.

This means that today is for puttering around the house.  I have decided that it's time for a major change-over on the display walls in the studio, and have taken down just about everything. I'll need help for changing the hangers on the walls, so that will give me some time to think about what will go up.  I finished the second "snowflake" piece, took a hard look at it and decided that it would look better if I rotated it 180 degrees.  However, that would mean a difficult and tedious alteration, and one that just might not be possible, since it was already beaded and bound.  So it is hung as it was originally designed.

The Christmas Cactus is a disappointment this year, only two or three buds, and a couple of them appear to be drying up, to fall off.  It wasn't too great last Christmas either, but I seem to remember a nice display around Easter.  "Hope springs eternal", so I will allow it to stay in the house until then.

Finishing the blue "snowflake" piece has left me pretty well caught up in all of the studio work.  This is always a difficult time for me, as I don't know what to do with myself.  So, I will continue to putter, and probably end up with a pile of stuff out of the studio or closets to send to the thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment