Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow squalls are here....

....and but for one occasion to go out to shovel, I have been inside most of day. Starting to get a bit boring as I have taken to cleaning out the bathroom shelves! Not that they didn't need a bit of a cleanup. I also made a batch of cheese tarts and they turned out very nice - some years I just don't make them right. Harry also made a loaf of raisin bread to take to Mike tomorrow. We plan to go to North Bay and by looks of outdoors right now, it may be an interesting travel day. I just saw on the news that the CTV will be broadcasting at 4 am tomorrow morning the celebration for Nelson Mandela from Johannesburg so since I awake early, I might just turn it on and watch a bit before we have to get ready to leave. I still haven't got my hair cut yet, so today put it up in curlers. Once I sleep on it, it will look just the same as always - all over my face haha I had thoughts of leaving it to grow long over the winter. Any bets on how long that thought will last?
I received the results from my fecal occult blood tests sent in a few weeks ago - negative. The letter came directly to me from Cancer Care Ontario with a copy being sent to my doctor. That's nice news to get, eh? They recommend I do it again in two years - jokes on them as I will be having a colonoscopy instead ( another big laugh, haha!)
I went onto KOBO this afternoon and ordered two books ( I said I was getting bored didn't I?) These are written by Louise Penny and from a detective series she is writing - I have never read any of her work so hope not to be disappointed although I have heard on radio that this will not be the case.
I received information today about the 45th Nursing Reunion to be held the end of  May. It might be different if I planned to attend and make my visit to Winnipeg then but I will have to think about this. Without a car of my own, the logistics may be a bit impossible to arrange as the events will be held at the CanadInn at Polo Park, and at Fort Whyte Centre - not exactly in close proximity! Well, time to call it a night Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment