Thursday, December 1, 2016

Singing in the rain...

Wonderful weather last two days - rain and more rain.  I went out again this morning in the drizzle - I refuse to let a little wetness spoil my daily walk.  In the bank I ran into the neighbour from across the street. She said so will you and Harry be dropping in sometime over the next while for Christmas - or some such words - I didn't catch it exactly except that she was asking us over. I don't like open invitations without substance or intent. So I said back " Is this an invitation, Ruth?"  She said yes and left the bank.  I was just upset because it sounds as if we are committed, doesn't it?  We don't do visiting as a rule although during the summer we did go once to their house for a drink - sat in the back yard.  Oh boy! Something else to worry about I guess. In meantime, the cards are mailed - a bit too early for my liking but Harry insisted.  And I have all Mike and Erin's box ready. Just getting a few things together for Willie and his crew.  Then I guess I'll shop for something for Harry and that's it!!  I keep thinking about last year and the anticipation of the "bus ride" and the visit with you all , haha!  It brings such happy memories to me.  Lots to think about.  Take care for now XX

No comments:

Post a Comment