Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A lot of nothing...

The simple act of blogging is the purpose for this morning - nothing new or exciting to report. It is milder which is welcome, being around 4 degrees C this morning rather than the wind chilling minus 29 temperatures of the last few days. It has been a chore trying to take the dog out.
I watched the latest show on The Quilt Show and I was not too impressed with the contents - I wondered if I just wasn't in the right mood?  They did display an antique India war lap quilt with motifs all done with beading - massive beading. It was interesting but still I was not in the mood I guess. 
Wednesday we have planned to visit with Daisy. I called yesterday to set it up and was told the tale of them going to Church Sunday morning and then into a local restaurant for breakfast after, and Daisy passing out at the table - ambulance called and took her to Huntsville hospital - but all is well and they figure her BP had just bottomed out.  I will make a tray of cookies to take and hopefully get to speak with Daisy a bit. As I mentioned the conversations seem to always be monopolized by granddaughter Michelle or with son Mike if he is there.
I made a delicious French Meat Roll yesterday - just had a craving. Half is in the freezer and the rest of the other half is mine to enjoy! Also had some beets that had been in the fridge since last fall - I boiled them up and then covered with that nice sauce recipe from Auntie Lorraine and surprisingly they tasted OK.
Well time for my second morning coffee and then prepare for what the day will bring.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment