Thursday, January 3, 2019

Be careful what you wish for

After complaining about the cold weather we had at the beginning of the week, today the temperature was above freezing.  I had to go out to Selkirk for a meeting, and it was dirty windows, with the almost constant use of washer fluid all the way.  Sort of a strange meeting.  We met in the gallery and the gallery itself is under renovation, so it was the three of us and the electricians.  Now I'm left with a lot of computer work to do, but I don't mind anything I can do at home.

After that it was a lazy day.  We had a small bit of grocery shopping to do and some pills to pick up at Walmart.  While in Walmart, we just wandered around looking at weird stuff, and lots of small appliances we didn't need, ( doesn't everyone need to have a waffle iron that imprints StarWars pictures on the waffles?)  Then we hit the craft section, where I found a couple of craft magazines to buy.  David hit men's wear. He's looking for an transitional seasons' jacket ( inspired by the warm weather no doubt), but didn't find one.  He did find a long fluffy  ladies' bathrobe with a zipper.  It fit me quite nicely and is now awaiting laundry before I can wear it.  The old one is also awaiting laundry before being shipped off to the thrift store.  Finding such a thing with a zipper is a very welcome happenstance.  Then it was off to the grocery store for bread and eggs.  The bill was over $84.  I guess we did a little wandering and wishing there too.  The good news is that we won't have to buy anything but perishables for a couple of months, and the freezer is full.  The bad news is that the COLA cheque I got from my pension people is gone.  Better the grocery store than a VLT, I suppose.  And I have two wonderful magazines to amuse myself with.

Now I'm sitting with a lovely cup of decaf espresso coffee, after a short nap.  It will soon be time to think about supper, but that's under control as well.  Then 3 hours of "Dead Files" re-runs.  What more could a girl ask/

No comments:

Post a Comment